Sunday, October 28, 2007

Barbershop Convention - Drunken Blog...

Okay, my first drunken blog, so it's likely to be repleat with typos, profanity and poor grammar. Forgive me.

It's 3:20 am and I'm just now getting to bed from a LONG weekend barbershoping at the pioneer district convention. I'll expound on this later with more details, but for a quick recap (in bullet form)...

* Quartet just missed making "Mic Testers" on the night show by 13 points (1.1%) - a very narrow margin easily overcome by a few minor adherences to things we already knew. Shit - but oh well. Not bad for a first time out.

* Chorus place 5th - worst in the entire time I've been with them. We didn't do worse, the rest of the choruses got better. Shit. No addendums.

* hitting the hospitality rooms is fun as hell. They loved my arrangement and our singing.

* the absolute best part is singing tags in the lobby till 3:15am. Moxxy and Party of 4 are da shizzle.

* free beer and food is the 2nd best part of the weekend.

* Paula - you made the weekend the absolute BEST convention I have ever been too! Thank you! It was great to know I had family there to support me in my first quartet contest!

Details, photos, and video later.

Best...convention...ever.

No comments: