Thursday, January 17, 2008

Arranging Rehab?

I need an intervention or something.

Since my blog about rearranging "Might Mouse", I have arranged about 6 songs, all in the span of a week. So far I have "Mighty Mouse", "Family Guy", "The Old Bathing Suit" (from Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas), "Saying Goodbye" (from Muppets Take Manhattan), and an abbreviated version of "Iowa Stubborn" (from the Music Man), as well as most of Leroy Anderson's "Sleigh Ride", all arranged for quartet.

As if that weren't bad enough, I have about a dozen more songs on deck in my brain, ready to be made into reality, including some more Muppet stuff, Monty Python, the Limelighters, stuff from A Mighty Wind, and others. That's not including the tweaks to a few pre-arranged songs I want to turn into parodies for my quartet.

Hi. My name's Paul and I'm an arrange-a-holic.

No comments: