Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 Random Tings About Me...

I recently was tagged on Facebook to do this, and I thought it would make a decent blog entry.
Enjoy. :)

----------------------------------------------------------
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about yourself. At the end of your note, choose 25 people to be tagged. You also have to tag the person who tagged you.

1) My dad has always been one of my biggest heroes, but I'm more proud of her now than I have ever been.

2) My sister and I have grown a lot closer over the years, and I think that's aaaawesome.

3) I'm not nearly as lazy and unorganized as everybody thinks.

4) I bite my fingernails...a lot.

5) I don't stress about much. Concerned, perhaps, but not stressed. Think about it - when was the last time you saw me freak out about anything?

6) I smoke. I should stop. I know. But I REALLY don't need more people to tell me how or why I should quit.

7) I have a love/hate relationship with unsolicited advice. I love and appreciate the concern shown by those offering it, but it annoys me, demeans my efforts, and underestimates my ability to handle my own situations. I'm a very proud and independent person. Wanna stay on my good side? Avoid any statement that begins, "What you should do is..."

8) I...CAN'T...STAND...CLUTTE
R!! I'm not perfect, but I'm usually pretty good about putting things back where I got them, taking dishes to the sink, putting ingredients in the fridge when I'm done with them, and keeping my pack-rattish keepsakes to a minimum.

9) I love my car. No matter what I happen to be driving at the time, I love it. It's my Fortess of Solitude. In it, I can listen to MY music, keep MY stuff, and escape the world at large.

10) I'm enough of a beer snob that I won't buy beer from most of the domestic "big bottlers", but rarely have the budget for much better. Labatt Blue is generally as low as I'll go if I'm buying.

11) I LOVE being able to catch up with and re-connect with so many of my friends on Facebook. I just wish I had more time to actually SEE them. I've met a TON of cool people on Facebook and MySpace that, if we lived close, I would probably try and hang with all the time.

12) Regrets, I've had a few. But then again, too few to mention...
...but they're biggies.

13) When I say I'm a Comic Book Geek, the inevitable question follows, "are you Marvel or DC?" I'm neither. I follow some of both, but if I were pin myself down to a favorite publisher, it'd probably be IDW.

14) I have a number of useful talents. Unfortunately, none of them are developed enough to make a good, steady living at. Ideally, I'd love to make a living recording learning tracks, writing drill, arranging music, teaching marching bands/drum corps, and directing a barbershop chorus. Unfortunately most of those are freelance work that require a quiet office to work in.

16) I have an extensive collection of California Raisin figurines and Series 2 Garbage Pail Kids .

17) I have almost every band, barbershop, and drum corps T-shirt I have ever bought/received.

18) I cannot function as a human being until I have had a HOT morning shower.

19) I am a reasonably decent speller, but a piss-poor typist. For example, I proof-read this note 3 times before posting it and still found extra letters. Damn stubby fingers...

20) I blog because it's a great non-invasive way of getting my thoughts and life updates out to those who (for some odd reason) have an interest in my thoughts and my life. No other agenda. Surprisingly, some people even enjoy what I write.
http://pauldkeiser.blogspot.com

21) I'm a shutterbug. I find art and beauty in nearly everything, that's why I'm SO glad I finally have a camera of my own again. Plus, I want plenty of documentation of the kids to remind me how young they were once.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pauldkeiser

22) I'm a glutton for digital media. My hunger for movies and music has necessitated the obsolescence of 2 drives so far. I'm hoping my new 500GB drive will be enough for a while.

23) I'm great about forgiving, but not so good at letting go of the past. Generally, I hold on tightly to the good and let go of the bad. (Probably resulting in #5 above)

24) I have a motto: "With true friends, you will NEVER hit rock bottom." It has saved my psyche more than once. I'm very lucky to have many MANY good friends I could call on if I was ever in dire circumstances, and I'm eternally grateful - every day - to be blessed with so many good people in my life.

25) I spend ENTIRELY too much time on Facebook...

No comments: